21 July 2026

Exercise in futility

Stayed up too late again last night. I do work. Lots of it. I create systems and frameworks. I learned how to use AI as a tool. I'm documenting my life. Working towards deep alignment. Seeking clarity in my life and my work. A gift to myself. 

A gift to the world.

Assuming someone else finds value or inspiration to do the work I'm doing.

Then today. A question crept into my mind. On one hand, unwanted thoughts. On the other, a realization. Is my work anything more than an exercise in futility? A distraction born from being gravely concerned I'll never get a job? Searching. Applications. Preparation. Interviews. Sometimes multiple for the same role.  I still come home with nothing more than experience and an opportunity to re-calibrate and do something different because what I'm doing isn't working.

Sit with the doubt and the frustration while I look at my hard-earned and hard-fought goose egg.

Today I'm tired. 

Today I'm frustrated. 

And, today I'm afraid my career is ruined.

Get a life. Loser. 

Either that, or get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise in futility

Stayed up too late again last night. I do work. Lots of it. I create systems and frameworks. I learned how to use AI as a tool. I'm docu...